Service Lines include primary care, medical specialty, comprehensive dental services, medication assistance program, and community education programs.
- Top five diagnosis: Diabetes, Hypertension, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), and Obesity.
Chronic Disease Management
- Approximately 80% of patient base is diagnosed with Diabetes or pre-Diabetes
- Many patients are affected by multiple unmanaged chronic diseases (i.e. obesity & diabetes, COPD & CHF, etc.)
- Health status for our Patients – “age is happening” general decline, unable to maintain health, arrive in crisis – our role is to stabilize, educate, and provide regular follow up to improve the health status of the individual.
Number of Patients Served
- 2018 forecasting 2,100 visits
- 40% medical visits; 60% dental visits (current state)
Value of Preventative Care/Continuum of Care
Many of our patients feel they have limited options due to financial hardship due to these challenges our patients would traditionally utilize emergency services for non-emergency care and/or emergency care that could have been prevented with regular health maintenance and education.
Cost of patient use of emergency services
- Average Emergency Room Visit Cost to Uninsured Patient – $450.00
- Average SFHC Visit Cost to Uninsured Patient – $40.00
What differentiates our organization from other clinics?
- Volunteer Base – retired and practicing medical and dental professionals, as well as volunteer clinical and clerical support, is utilized to optimize dollars raised and provide office hours Monday – Friday 8a-5p.
- Age – 50 and older
- Flexible payment plans to ensure patients receive care when they need it, regardless of their ability to pay. Offering a “Continuum of Care” model
- Minimal Requirements – show financial need, Federal Poverty Level, eligibility to determine cost on sliding scale.
- Employment Status – patients are accepted and eligibility is determined on financial need, regardless of employment status.
- Variety of Specialty lines – Gynecology, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Orthopedics, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Pulmonology, Alternative Pain Management, Physical Theraphy and more.
Interested in volunteering?
Contact Allie Harrison at AHarrison@FriendshipCenters.org