Service Lines include primary care, medical specialty, comprehensive dental services, medication assistance program, and community education programs.
- Top five diagnosis codes
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
Chronic disease management
- Approximately 50% of patient base is diagnosed with diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Many patients are affected by multiple unmanaged chronic diseases (i.e. obesity & diabetes, COPD & CHF, etc)
- Health status for our Patients – “age is happening” general decline, unable to maintain health, arrive in crisis – our role is to stabilize, educate, and provide regular follow up to improve the health status of the individual.
Number of patients served
- 2014 approximately 3,623 visits
- 40% medical visits; 60% dental visits (current state)
Value of Preventative Care:
Many of our patients feel they have limited options due to financial hardship due to these challenges our patients would traditionally utilize emergency services for non-emergency care and / or emergency care that could have been prevented with regular health maintenance and education.
Cost of patient use of emergency services
- Average Emergency Room Visit Cost to Uninsured Patient – $415.00
- Average FHC Visit Cost to Uninsured Patient – $ 40.00
What differentiates our organization from other community clinics?
- Volunteers Base – retired and practicing medical and dental professionals, as well as volunteer clinical and clerical support, is utilized to optimize dollars raised and provide office hours Monday – Friday from 8a-5p.
- Age – 50 and older
- Flexible payment plans to ensure patients receive care when they need it, regardless of their ability to pay
- Minimal Requirements – show financial need, Federal Poverty Level, eligibility to determine cost on sliding scale
- Employment Status – patients are accepted and eligibility is determined by financial need, regardless of employment status
- Variety of Specialty lines – gynecology, dermatology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, cardiology, endocrinology, Pulmonology, alternative pain management, and more.
Interested in volunteering?
Contact Haylee Cochran at email@example.com